DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER - MVGWTA
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
The Digital Communications Officer is responsible for the effective and efficient management of MVGWTA’s digital marketing and communications channels and assets. With the Trade Marketing Manager, the Digital Communications Officer manages brand awareness, visual identity and design concepts for MVGWTA and ‘Brand McLaren Vale’, promoting and enhancing ‘Brand McLaren Vale’ locally, domestically and internationally as a producer of premium wines and exceptional tourism experiences.
To apply please submit a CV and one-page cover letter detailing your experience against the Role Requirements to email@example.com.
- Lead consumer-based marketing of the McLaren Vale Region.
- Grow national and international value and equity in ‘Brand McLaren Vale’ through development and management of MVGWTA’s digital marketing and communications channels, platforms and assets.
- Manage development and execution of a full communications calendar of activities to enhance the value of the region as a producer of premium wines and exceptional tourism experiences.
- Manage brand awareness, visual identity and design concepts for MVGWTA and ‘Brand McLaren Vale’.
- Development and maintenance of relationships with key partners and service providers in the digital communications sector.
Management of multiple consumer-facing social media platforms in line with brand guidelines and brand narrative.
- Management of MVGWTA consumer-facing social media channels (Facebook, Instagram).
- Development of monthly channel-specific Social Media Content Calendars, including scheduled posts.
- Creation and curation of content appropriate for each channel’s audience and function, and maximise cross-promotion of content across platforms.
- Respond to Direct Messages and comments, as per the Digital Communications Strategy.
- Provide social media analytic reports and campaign outcomes to Members, Board and management.
WEBSITES AND CRM
- Management of website upgrades, maintenance, content creation, reporting and liaison; knowledge of basic HTML desirable.
- Database and CRM implementation and management;
- Management and maintenance of Australian Tourism Data Warehouse listings and integration with MVGWTA websites.
- Provide website analytic reports to Board and management.
CONTENT AND COLLATERAL DEVELOPMENT
Production and maintenance of multi-use consumer, trade and social media marketing and communications assets.
- Creation of targeted creative graphic, video and written content.
- Graphic design, photo editing, brochure and presentation creation.
- Liaison with Members to procure images, video and copy for MVGWTA communications products.
- Management of MVGWTA image and video library.
- Liaising with third-party service providers.
- Blog/What's On content creation for Consumer EDMs and website.
- Creation, distribution, and monitoring of the monthly McLaren Vale Memo EDM.
- Coordination of EDM competitions and prize redemption, including liaison with Members.
- Assist with management of MVGWTA-led consumer-facing marketing events.
- Assist with MVGWTA/McLaren Vale's participation in external consumer-facing events.
- Assist in monitoring grants and funding opportunities, preparing submissions and reporting as needed.
- Assist in preparation of the MVGWTA Weekly Bulletin EDM.
- Respond to general member marketing enquiries.
- Manage annual member sentiment surveys.
- Effective, efficient and in-budget management and implementation of an annual calendar of digital marketing and communications activities, including budget management and reporting.
- Effective, efficient and accurate management and updating of MVGWTA assets, IP, marketing assets and communication channels.
- Positive results-based relationships with MVGWTA members, staff, media and key stakeholders.
- Positive membership feedback regarding attitude, performance and standard of work.
- Positive consumer response to MVGWTA public communications products.
KEY BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS:
- CEO: close consultation and reporting as required; back-up as required.
- MVGWTA Team: close communication and interaction; back-up as required.
- MVGWTA Members.
- Key stakeholders and service providers.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated professional experience in digital communications and social media management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the professional digital communications and social media landscape, and experience in post scheduling and community engagement.
- Website management experience and understanding of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated track record of implementing professional digital communications campaigns with significant, measurable impact (please provide links to examples).
- Confident and professional communicator with proven experience in written (short and long-form), image and video copy and content creation across multiple digital platforms (please provide links to examples).
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, PremierePro and Animate, and an understanding of how to create graphics for print and digital application.
- Demonstrated ability to create designs to fit a creative brief (please include a link to a portfolio or examples of previous works).
- Strong knowledge of wine and domestic and international consumer trends in wine.
- Basic html understanding and coding skills.
- A positive team player with a flexible and collaborative manner and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly-motivated, organised and creative with an ability to create unique, engaging content.
- Superior verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Self-starting, independent and proactive, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Genuine desire to learn and drive for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates integrity and high ethical standards.
- Located at McLaren Vale Grape Wine & Tourism Association office (Visitors Information Centre, McLaren Vale)
- A valid driver's licence is required to fulfil this role.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- 3-4 days per week (0.6-0.8 FTE). 12-month contract with option of extension.
- Working hours are 0900-1700; some flexibility is permitted in consultation with CEO.
- Travel around the region will be required.
- Additional hours outside of working hours may be required at times.